I am currently a post-doc within Inria MIMESIS group. My research work focuses on image-guided simulation for surgery and augmented reality for deformable objects.
I prepared my Ph.D. on augmented reality for hepatic surgery using soft-tissue simulation at Inria Lille. I originally studied computer science engineering, and graduated in 2010 from University of Algiers (USTHB, Algeria), and electrical and automation engineering and graduated in 2011 from University of Lille (USTL, France).
Besides my research activities, I used to teach many bachelor-level courses in Computer Science at the University of Lille at Polytech’Lille, mainly programming principles and web technology. I was also a member of the organization committee of the EuroGraphics workshop VRIPHYS 2012 and the conference ISBMS 2014 and co-chair during the Medical Robotics session at IROS 2016
All my Publications here
- Deformed Reality.
Antoine Petit, Nazim Haouchine, Frédérick Roy, Dan Goldman, Stéphane Cotin
Computer Graphics & Visual Computing (Eurographics) CGVC 2019
★ Runner-up, Best poster award ISMAR 2017
- Calipso: Physics-based Image and Video Editing through CAD Model Proxies.
Nazim Haouchine, Frédérick Roy, Hadrien Courtecuisse, Matthias Nießner, Stéphane Cotin
Visual Computer 2018
- Template-based Monocular 3D Recovery of Elastic Shapes using Lagrangian Multipliers.
Nazim Haouchine and Stéphane Cotin
Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition CVPR 2017
- DejaVu: Intra-operative Simulation for Surgical Gesture Rehearsal.
Nazim Haouchine, Danail Stoyanov, Frederick Roy and Stéphane Cotin
Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Interventions Conference MICCAI 2017
- Image-guided simulation of heterogeneous tissue deformation for augmented reality during hepatic surgery.
Nazim Haouchine, Jeremie Dequidt, Igor Peterlik, Mario Sanz-Lopez, Erwan Kerrien, Marie-Odile Berger and Stephane Cotin.
IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, 2013. ISMAR 2013
★ Best paper award ISMAR 2013, Honorable Mention
- Impact of Soft Tissue Heterogeneity on Augmented Reality for Liver Surgery.
Nazim Haouchine, Stephane Cotin, Igor Peterlik, Jeremie Dequidt, Mario Sanz-Lopez, Erwan Kerrien, Marie-Odile Berger.
IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 2014. TVCG 2014
★ Top ranked TVCG AR/VR paper 2014. Presented at SIGGRAPH Asia 2014.
- Single View Augmentation of 3D Elastic Objects.
Nazim Haouchine, Jeremie Dequidt, Marie-Odile Berger and Stephane Cotin.
IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality ISMAR 2014
- Monocular 3D Reconstruction and Augmentation of Elastic Surfaces with Self-occlusion Handling.
Nazim Haouchine, Jeremie Dequidt, Marie-Odile Berger, Stephane Cotin.
IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 2015. TVCG 2015
★ Top ranked TVCG AR/VR paper 2015. Presented at SIGGRAPH 2015.
- Surgical Augmented Reality with Topological Changes.
Christoph Paulus, Nazim Haouchine, David Cazier, Stephane Cotin.
Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Interventions MICCAI 2015.
★ Oral presentation.
- Surgery Training, Planning and Guidance Using the SOFA Framework
Hugo Talbot, Nazim Haouchine, Igor Peterlík, Jérémie Dequidt, Christian Duriez, Herve Delingette, Stéphane Cotin.
★ Dirk Bartz Eurographics Medical Prize (1st prize).
- Patient-specific Biomechanical Modeling for Guidance during Minimally-invasive Hepatic Surgery.
Rosalie Plantefève, Igor Peterlik, Nazim Haouchine, Stéphane Cotin.
Annals of Biomedical Engineering, Springer Verlag, 2015.